Criminal Injuries Compensation

You might be able to claim compensation if you were the victim of a violent crime. This includes if: you were injured; a close relative died; you saw the crime happen to a loved one (or were there immediately afterwards); or you paid for the funeral of a person who died. Alternatively you might be able to claim compensation if you were taking a ‘justified and exceptional’ risk trying to stop a crime. For example somebody was in danger and it was not a situation that you were trained to deal with.

To be eligible to make a claim the crime must have happened within the last 2 years in England, Wales or Scotland and it must be reported to the police. You may be able to claim for a crime that happened more than 2 years ago if one or both of the following apply: you’re claiming because of childhood sexual or physical abuse; and you could not claim earlier, for example because your mental or physical health stopped you from doing so. If you feel that you are entitled to compensation, get in touch for a free assessment.


Book a Consultation

    Get in Touch

    Get in touch today to speak to one of our immigration law experts!